Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Does Bschools incubate criminals?

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-07-16/do-business-schools-incubate-criminals-.html 
The article says - " in most bschools, the perspective is ethics are only for those students who aren’t smart enough to avoid getting caught. "

My personal experience has been different. Courses such as M&A by Prof. Hitscherich and Advanced corporate finance by Prof. Hodrick, and many others had multiple discussions about insider trading, people going to jail, the loss of moral values etc. However, at the end of the day, one needs to figure out for oneself what your values are. And most likely, those are set long before you set afoot in an MBA environment.

Rajat Gupta, Anil Kumar may be convicted and they both had MBA. Correlation doesn't imply causation. This was also taught in my MBA :)

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I knoω thiѕ is somewhat off tοpіc but I was
    ωondering which blog platform are you using for
    thіs sitе? I'm getting tired of Wordpress because I've haԁ problems wіth hасkers and I'm looking at options for another platform. I would be fantastic if you could point me in the direction of a good platform.

    Here is my web blog - the tao of badass
    Also see my webpage - the tao of badass

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like seeing sites that comprehend the need for providing an outstanding source absolutely 100 % free. Thank you for this outstanding source.

    ReplyDelete