Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Final sprint & Columbia admit events

We had our first recruiting event within weeks of joining school. If memory serves right, we started working on our resumes within a few days after orientation. Whoever said recruiting is a marathon and not a sprint was spot on. It's been a long journey and over the next few weeks more than a dozen firms will conduct their interviews (mostly for positions in finance/consulting) - the journey will come to a successful end for many. For some, they would continue their marathon hopefully in a better position from the experience they gained through these events.

I've been fortunate to receive over half a dozen interviews from many top firms. God willing, this could be the final sprint for me. Wish me luck!

Before I forget, Columbia Connect I for the next batch is on Feb 10th and 11th. I recommend everyone to make an effort to attend these admit events. If you wish to know what happens in these events, here are detailed reports from the ones I attended.
Admit event I - http://columbiambaclassof2012.blogspot.com/2010/03/columbia-mba-admit-event-1.html
Admit event II - http://columbiambaclassof2012.blogspot.com/2010/04/columbia-admit-event-act-ii.html

Happy new year!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck Prashant! I'll be tuning in to your blog more offensive now. Thanks for giving us updates, and let us know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    My name is Conrad and I am emailing on behalf of Stacy Blackman Consulting (http://www.stacyblackman.com), the leading MBA admissions consulting firm. I was asked by Stacy to reach out to you because we think your blog is great and want to share your posts with our blog readership.

    This month we will be relaunching our popular B-School Buzz weekly update, where we bring our readers news and views from applicant and student bloggers. Here is a link to one of our old "Buzz" posts: http://www.stacyblackman.com/2009/05/04/stacy-blackmans-b-school-buzz-23/

    If you are interested in being part of our Buzz network, please email me at conrad@stacyblackman.com to let me know so we can include you in our upcoming posts.

    Thanks for your time and energy,

    Conrad
    Stacy Blackman Consulting

    ReplyDelete